This article provides an introduction to consensus games. Please note that this article is an early work in progress and will be updated soon. Enjoy!
Table of Contents
- What are consensus games?
- Consensus Games
- Video Games
- More Benefits
- Types of Consensus Games
- Specific Examples
- Enabling Cooperation
- Empowering Communities
- How consensus games can help create abundance for humanity
- Making Videos
- Video Games
- Games To Save The World
- Related Posts
What are consensus games?
Consensus games are an exciting new type of game where the goal is to reach agreement among the players and create mutual benefit. Consensus games provide a fun and productive way for communities to come together and achieve shared goals.
Inspired by nature, our unique consensus games enable communities to cooperate fractally. Just like the plants around us grow in fractal patterns, communities need to cooperate in fractal patterns to flourish. Never before have communities been so empowered to collaborate. Whether you’re just starting a community with a couple friends or working with thousands of people, Eden Fractal games can help your community coordinate far better than ever before.
Consensus games bring people together for fun and productive meetings. We’ll start by providing a more detailed introduction to the consensus games that empower communities during meetings, then explore details about the apps that make it possible below.
- Public goods
Consensus games are an exciting new type of game where the goal is to reach agreement among the players and create mutual benefit. You can see some great consensus games that we make below and learn about consensus games in this article. You can also learn about some tools that we’re building to help everyone enjoy consensus games here.
Eden+Fractal is a social networking game where community members share their work, elect delegates, and give each other respect!
With this elegant cooperating system, community members respect contributions to the community and elect leaders in breakout rooms of four to six people. Everyone gets respect for helping the community and groups reach consensus to determine the relative contributions of each community member. Delegates form councils that update each week, then recent councils cooperate to help make community decisions. You can learn more about Eden+Fractal in this article and the debut episode of Creator Talk.
Cagendas is a social coordination game that helps communities create agendas, choose discussion topics, and make decisions together. At Eden Fractal, we play a version of cagendas called Vlalendas. It pairs well with Eden+Fractal to create a super fun game combo that enables communities to cooperate with unprecedented decentralization, autonomy, and democratic coordination.
You can see our article about DAMS to learn more about how these consensus games provide a perfect opportunity for ‘video gaming’ collaboration on an unprecedented scale ;)
Competitions that inspire people to imagine new possibilities, discover innovations, and bring helpful ideas to life!
By playing these games, community members can build trust, respect, and collaboration, which can lead to greater productivity and mutual benefit. Additionally, consensus games provide a structured way for communities to prioritize topics, review proposals, and create agendas, which can help to ensure that everyone's voice is heard and that decisions are made democratically. Overall, consensus games can greatly empower communities and provide a foundation for success.
In consensus games, the players interact with each other and exchange information to reach a decision that maximizes their collective benefit. Consensus games are an important tool for understanding group decision-making and can provide insights into how to facilitate cooperation and consensus-building among individuals with different opinions and preferences.
Consensus games can benefit society in several ways:
1. Facilitating cooperative decision-making: Consensus games can help to bring individuals and groups with different interests and preferences together to reach a common decision. This can be especially useful in situations where cooperation is essential, such as in the management of natural resources or the resolution of political conflicts.
2. Promoting fairness and equity: Consensus games can provide a platform for all participants to have an equal say in the decision-making process. This can help to ensure that decisions are made fairly and that the interests of all parties are taken into account.
3. Encouraging creative solutions: Consensus games can encourage participants to think creatively and come up with innovative solutions that might not have been considered in other decision-making processes.
4. Strengthening social bonds: Consensus games can bring people together and help to build trust and social bonds among participants. This can be especially important in situations where there may be a history of conflict or mistrust.
5. Improving decision quality: Consensus games can help to improve the quality of decisions by incorporating diverse perspectives and expertise. This can lead to more informed and well-rounded decisions that are better able to address complex social and environmental challenges.
Overall, consensus games can be a powerful tool for promoting cooperation, fairness, and innovation in society. By bringing diverse groups together to work towards a common goal, consensus games can help to build stronger and more resilient communities.
Consensus games have several benefits, including:
1. Facilitating collaboration: Consensus games encourage collaboration and communication among participants. By working together towards a common goal, participants can develop a shared understanding and build trust, which can lead to more effective decision-making.
2. Promoting inclusivity: Consensus games provide a platform for all participants to have a say in the decision-making process. This can help to promote inclusivity and ensure that the voices of marginalized or underrepresented groups are heard.
3. Encouraging creative solutions: Consensus games often require participants to think outside the box and come up with innovative solutions. This can help to break down existing barriers and lead to new and creative ideas.
4. Reducing conflict: By promoting collaboration and inclusivity, consensus games can help to reduce conflict and promote peace-building. This can be especially important in situations where there is a history of conflict or mistrust.
5. Improving decision-making: Consensus games can lead to more informed and well-rounded decisions by incorporating diverse perspectives and expertise. This can help to address complex social and environmental challenges more effectively.
Overall, consensus games can be a powerful tool for promoting collaboration, inclusivity, and innovation. By bringing diverse groups together to work towards a common goal, consensus games can help to build stronger and more resilient communities.
Types of Consensus Games
There are several examples of consensus games, including:
1. Negotiation games: Negotiation games involve two or more parties negotiating with each other to reach an agreement. Examples include international trade negotiations or the negotiation of a peace treaty between conflicting parties.
2. Voting games: Voting games involve participants voting on a decision, with the outcome determined by a majority vote. Examples include democratic elections or the decision-making process within a community organization.
3. Bargaining games: Bargaining games involve two or more parties negotiating a deal or agreement based on their individual interests. Examples include salary negotiations between an employer and employee or a trade agreement between two countries.
4. Deliberative games: Deliberative games involve participants engaging in a structured discussion or debate to reach a consensus. Examples include citizen assemblies or stakeholder dialogues.
5. Multi-criteria decision analysis (MCDA) games: MCDA games involve participants evaluating and prioritizing different options based on a set of criteria. Examples include environmental impact assessments or project evaluation processes.
Overall, consensus games can take many different forms, and the specific type of game used will depend on the context and objectives of the decision-making process.
Here are some specific examples of consensus games:
1. The Prisoner's Dilemma: This is a classic game theory example of a bargaining game. Two players must decide whether to cooperate or defect in a situation where they are both better off if they cooperate, but one is better off if they defect while the other cooperates.
2. The Ultimatum Game: This is another bargaining game where one player proposes a split of a resource and the other player must either accept or reject the proposal. If they reject the proposal, both players receive nothing.
3. The Deliberative Poll: This is a deliberative game that involves a representative sample of citizens coming together to discuss and deliberate on a particular issue. The goal is to reach a consensus on the issue through dialogue and debate.
4. Participatory Budgeting: This is an MCDA game that involves citizens in the budgeting process for a particular municipality or organization. Citizens are invited to propose and prioritize projects and spending areas, and the final budget is determined through a process of voting and deliberation.
5. The Collaborative Fisheries Game: This is an example of a game used in natural resource management. It involves fishermen and other stakeholders working together to manage a fishery, with the goal of achieving sustainable and equitable outcomes.
Overall, these are just a few examples of the many different types of consensus games that can be used in different contexts to facilitate cooperation and decision-making.
Consensus games can help people cooperate by providing a structured framework for collaboration and decision-making. By working together to reach a consensus, participants in these games can develop a shared understanding of the problem or issue at hand, build trust and respect for one another, and find common ground on which to build a solution.
In many cases, consensus games involve bringing together diverse groups of stakeholders with different perspectives and interests. By engaging in dialogue and debate in a respectful and collaborative way, participants can develop a more nuanced and well-rounded understanding of the issue and come up with more creative and innovative solutions that take into account the needs and interests of all parties involved.
Consensus games also often involve a certain level of transparency and accountability, which can help to build trust and confidence in the decision-making process. By involving all participants in the decision-making process, consensus games can help to ensure that decisions are made in a fair and equitable way, and that everyone's voice is heard and taken into account.
Overall, consensus games can be a powerful tool for promoting cooperation and collaboration among individuals and groups with different interests and perspectives. By providing a structured and inclusive framework for decision-making, these games can help to build stronger and more resilient communities, and promote the development of innovative and effective solutions to complex problems.
Consensus games can empower communities in a number of ways. Here are a few examples:
1. Encouraging active participation: Consensus games are often designed to encourage active participation from all members of a community, regardless of their background, expertise, or social status. This can help to promote a sense of ownership and investment in the decision-making process, and give individuals a sense of agency and control over their own lives.
2. Fostering collaboration and teamwork: Consensus games are designed to facilitate collaboration and teamwork among participants. By working together towards a common goal, individuals can develop a sense of shared purpose and camaraderie, and build stronger and more supportive relationships with one another.
3. Developing leadership and decision-making skills: Consensus games often involve complex decision-making processes that require individuals to weigh multiple factors and perspectives. By participating in these games, individuals can develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and leadership skills that are valuable both within and outside of the game context.
4. Promoting innovation and creativity: Consensus games often require participants to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions to complex problems. By encouraging innovation and creativity, these games can help to stimulate economic growth and development, and drive social and technological progress.
Overall, consensus games can be a powerful tool for empowering communities by promoting active participation, collaboration, leadership, and innovation. By bringing people together in a structured and inclusive decision-making process, these games can help to build stronger and more resilient communities, and promote the development of sustainable and equitable solutions to complex problems.
How consensus games can help create abundance for humanity
Consensus games are a powerful tool for creating abundance and prosperity for humanity. By bringing people together in a structured and collaborative decision-making process, these games can help to generate innovative and sustainable solutions to complex problems.
Through consensus games, individuals can develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and leadership skills that are valuable both within and outside of the game context. By empowering people to take an active role in shaping their communities and societies, these games can help to foster a culture of innovation and creativity.
Consensus games can also help to promote economic growth and development by encouraging the creation of new businesses and industries. By providing a platform for entrepreneurs and innovators to showcase their ideas and collaborate with others, these games can help to catalyze new forms of economic activity and generate new sources of wealth and prosperity.
Additionally, consensus games can help to build stronger and more resilient communities by promoting cooperation, collaboration, and teamwork. By bringing together individuals with diverse perspectives and interests, these games can help to build trust and respect, and foster a sense of shared purpose and common identity.
Ultimately, consensus games have the potential to create abundance for humanity by unleashing the power of collective intelligence and creativity. By providing a structured and inclusive platform for collaboration and decision-making, these games can help to unlock new sources of innovation, prosperity, and well-being for people around the world.
Consensus games can be a powerful tool for helping communities to make fun and engaging videos that capture the spirit and character of their members. By bringing people together in a collaborative and inclusive decision-making process, consensus games can help to generate creative and innovative ideas for video content, and promote a sense of shared ownership and investment in the final product.
Here are just a few ways in which consensus games can help communities make fun videos:
1. Encouraging active participation: Consensus games are designed to encourage active participation from all members of a community, regardless of their background or expertise. By providing a platform for everyone to share their ideas and perspectives, these games can help to ensure that the final product reflects the diversity and richness of the community as a whole.
2. Stimulating creativity and innovation: Consensus games often require participants to think outside the box and come up with innovative and original ideas. By providing a structured and supportive environment for brainstorming and ideation, these games can help to spark new and exciting concepts for video content that might not have emerged through traditional channels.
3. Fostering collaboration and teamwork: Consensus games are designed to promote collaboration and teamwork among participants. By working together towards a common goal, individuals can develop a sense of shared purpose and camaraderie, and build stronger and more supportive relationships with one another.
4. Building skills and capacity: Consensus games can help to build skills and capacity among community members by providing opportunities to learn new techniques and technologies. By engaging in the process of creating videos, individuals can develop skills in areas such as writing, filming, editing, and sound design, and gain valuable experience that can be applied to other projects and endeavors.
Overall, consensus games can be a powerful tool for helping communities to make fun and engaging videos that capture their unique character and spirit. By providing a structured and collaborative decision-making process, these games can help to unleash the creativity and innovation of community members, and promote a sense of shared ownership and investment in the final product.
Video Games Consensus games can be played IRL or online. The unique nature of online. The unique Eden+fractal and Cagendas can be played irl or digitally. Digital provides perfect synergy for collaboration video creation, or video games. More details here. The following sections of this article provide details about each of these tools and many complementary resources to help communities cooperate for mutual benefit!
Games To Save The World
Games have the potential to save the world by inspiring and empowering people to tackle complex global challenges, from climate change and inequality to health and education. Here are a few ways in which games can help to make a positive impact:
1. Building awareness and understanding: Games can be a powerful tool for building awareness and understanding of important issues. By engaging players in immersive and interactive experiences, games can help to convey complex ideas and concepts in a way that is easy to understand and remember.
2. Encouraging action and behavior change: Games can also be used to encourage action and behavior change. By incorporating incentives, rewards, and feedback mechanisms, games can motivate players to adopt new habits and behaviors that contribute to a more sustainable and equitable world.
3. Promoting collaboration and social connection: Games can help to promote collaboration and social connection by bringing people together in a shared experience. By fostering a sense of community and shared purpose, games can help to build stronger and more resilient communities that are better equipped to tackle global challenges.
4. Advancing scientific research and innovation: Games can also be used to advance scientific research and innovation. By crowdsourcing data and insights from players, games can help to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery and innovation, and drive progress in fields such as health, energy, and the environment.
In short, games have the potential to save the world by inspiring and empowering individuals and communities to take action on important global issues, and by driving innovation and progress in fields that are critical to the well-being and sustainability of our planet.
An introduction to some of our favorite games and a philosophical exploration of how games can create profound benefits for all!
In addition to the article about GameFi, you can also read our articles about great games like Alien Worlds Fractal, Upland, Wombat, Boid, and Eden Fractal. Some of these are curated below: