Update October 2022:
This draft article was written months ago and needs to be updated. Eden Fractal has innovated a wide variety cooperative tooling the recent months. We will update this page to better show how Eden ƒractal is creating tools for public good.
New articles that will be linked include:
In three months since the inception of Eden ƒractal, we’ve helped coordinate, incentivize, and inspire the development of the most helpful DAO tooling in the world!
Eden ƒractal empowers communities to cooperate with the revolutionary processes of ƒractally on EOS and Antelope blockchains. This ƒractally process enables the next generation of DAOs with a decentralized social network and innovative game to reach consensus in fun meetings. You can learn much more about these processes for ƒractal cooperation at Fractally.com.
Eden ƒractal tooling includes:
- Smart contracts and an intuitive UI to easily rank contributions on the EOS blockchain during live community events. This includes a configurable two hour timer to ensure timely consensus submission.
- Smart contracts to instantly distribute a configurable amount of EOS & Respect tokens to participants in a Fibonacci ratio based on rankings
- Smart contracts for submitting Eden Contributor Agreement
- Interim Community Consensus Process that enables communities to achieve consensus in a legitimate, credibly neutral, and democratic manner.
- Team functionality is in development. If you would like to form a team in Eden ƒractal and earn respect for your organization that is helping EOS, please reach out.
- The fractally team has expressed interest in open-sourcing a super innovative, fun, and intuitive user interface in the near future. Several eden fractal community members have expressed interest in adapting this UI with EOS. You can learn about this upcoming interface in this funny video from the Fractally team.
- You can read documentation about many Eden ƒractal functionalities here.
- You can support a Pomelo pitch for Eden ƒractal tooling here.
- Much more is coming soon!
All Eden ƒractal tooling is open source and available on EOSIO. You can join the Eden ƒractal developer channel in the Eden Discord to learn more.
Who are the Eden ƒractal Developers?
Most of the tooling for Eden ƒractal has been generously built by James Mart and Vlad Hramstov. Several other great developers also help in various ways, including Matthias Schonebeck, Lennar Leheshtik, and Patrick Schmid.
You can learn more about Eden ƒractal developers on the draft page for
How Does Eden ƒractal Tooling Empower Communities?
Eden ƒractal open source software empowers communities to cooperate with the revolutionary ƒractally consensus process, where community members come together for fun events every week and play a game ranking each other’s contributions to the community. After convening for many meetings and keeping score on the EOS blockchain, communities are more empowered than ever to cooperate cohesively with our democratic, meritocratic, credibly neutral, transparent, and simple community governance process.
All of the Eden ƒractal software is open source and built on EOS, including an intuitive user interface to easily submit consensus on-chain during meetings and tooling to instantly distribute a configurable amount of both EOS & Respect tokens to all participants according to the fibonacci algorithm.
You can see a glimpse of why these tools are so helpful for empowering communities in the draft article,
Felix, Yves, and Dan Discuss Eden ƒractal Tooling
You can listen to Felix Ruiz, Yves La Rose, and Dan Singjoy discuss Eden ƒractal tooling and provide an overview Eden ƒractal development in the following EOS Community Fireside Chat.
- 1:20:41: Felix introduces the Eden ƒractal Pomelo grant
- 1:22:08: Yves asks several questions to Felix. They discuss Eden ƒractal tooling for about four minutes and Yves concludes his thoughts by saying “Awesome! Good Luck!”
- 1:26:12: Perry speaks in support for the Eden ƒractal community and hosts, then Felix shares some inspiring thoughts.
- 1:28:31: Dan Singjoy provides more details about Eden ƒractal tooling, how Eden ƒractal provides public goods for the EOS community, and the Eden Creators Pomelo grant
ƒractally UI Demo
Watch the funny video below to see a demo for an open source and blockchain agnostic user interface that facilitate ranking contributions. You can read the full blog post from the ƒractally team to learn more.
This UI aims to include the following features:
- The UI is built on a web app that will be accessible on all major platforms that can run an internet browser.
- The UI enables intuitive drag and drop functionality for selecting the most valued contributions to the community
- Elements of the UI will turn green when consensus is reached on each contributor
- The UI will offer built in video conference functionality to
- The interface looks super intuitive, fun and helpful… we’re excited to try this out soon!
Daniel Larimer and Brandon Fancher spoke about this UI in the last 30 minutes of ƒractally meeting 24.
Empowering Developers and Pioneering Tools
In addition to building tools for ƒractal cooperation, Eden ƒractal also rewards, coordinates, and empowers developers to build many other tools on EOS.
For example, one of the lead developers for Eden ƒractal is Vlad, who’s been building Consortium on EOS since 2018. Eden ƒractal rewards developers like Vlad for building helpful tools and pioneers how these tools can be used to benefit communities….
User Interface Mockup
Below are images of a mockup for a UI built by Vlad and Lennar during the inception of Eden ƒractal. You can see the full design figma here.
The interface design plans may have changed since in the months since this was published and Eden ƒractal may choose to implement the UI created ƒractally instead, but these are mockups show a glimpse of potential improvements that may be made in future versions of the user interface.
We’re also excited about how this user interface could be adapted by different communities. For example, you can imagine that the Alien Worlds Fractal or other DAGGs could customize the user interface with fun artwork about Aliens, UFOs, and the cosmos! 👽 🛸 ✨
Contribution Consensus Portal
How much compensation have Eden ƒractal developers received?
As far as we are aware, Eden ƒractal developers have not received compensation for their work other than the EOS and EDEN Respect earned from Eden ƒractal participation events. EDEN Respect is not transferrable and has no market value. There is 100 EOS distributed & divided amongst all participants each week.
Help Fund Eden ƒractal Developers
Please support Eden ƒractal developers to continue building the most helpful cooperative tooling in the world here. All contributions are greatly appreciated and profoundly helpful for all!
You can learn more about Pomelo in the draft article
You may be interested to read the following draft articles to learn more about Eden ƒractal. Please note that these articles are in early stages of development and will be updated soon to provide much better experiences for everyone.