Customizing the Youtube Channels and Playlists
This is an early draft article about curating Youtube channels. Below are some suggestions and recommendations for the Eden Elections channel. These suggestions may also apply to other channels cooperating with DAMS.
Table of Contents
- Customizing the Youtube Channels and Playlists
- Move ‘Videos’ to the top of the YouTube Channel page
- Add Playlists from Previous CD terms below
- Sort the Playlists by Date Added (newest)
Move ‘Videos’ to the top of the YouTube Channel page
1) Sign into your channel and click ‘Customize channel.’ You can see an example of how this looks in the screenshots below:
2) Move the ‘Videos’ above the Term 4 playlist section so it automatically shows the most recent videos at the top of the page. After clicking to customize the channel, you will see a featured section button where you can re-organize sections that show up on the channel page. Drag ‘Videos’ to the top.
I didn’t realize that the videos were accessible on the bottom of the current channel, which you can see in the screenshot below:
Add Playlists from Previous CD terms below
You can also add playlists from all 5 terms here below ‘Videos’. The only difficult part would be Term 3 because Michael uploaded them to Odysee and not YouTube, so perhaps at some point we can upload those to youtube as well.
To add playlists, click the ‘Add Section’ button at the top right of the ‘Featured Sections’ in the screenshot below:
Sort the Playlists by Date Added (newest)
- Go back to the main channel page and click on your playlist. Sort them by ‘Date Added (newest)’ so the newest videos appear at the top of the playlist.