Here is an early draft of a business plan for Eden Creators. This business plan focused more on Eden Creators media services and you can find more writing related to business plans at . It needs to be organized better and I will improve it in the future.
- Value Propositions of Eden
- Other Public Goods
- Unparalleled Engagement
- Video Production Plan:
- Revenue Models
- NFT Sales
- Video Production Services
- How we’ll create value for EOS
- Pioneering DAMS
- Where to find video editor?
- Creative Projects to Propose with Cignals
- Contract Request
- ENF Grant Framework
- Helios Incubator
Should it be consolidated into business plan for Eden Creators and/or FractalJoy?
Should I choose one to focus on for a business funding request or both?
Or maybe Eden Creators focuses more on services like video production or more on existing relationships with EOS based communities? Whereas FractalJoy focuses more on the hosting of events and templates and starting new relationships? Not sure…
- Eden Creators Media Production
- Producing videos, clips, and social media posts
- NFT Sales
- Hosting Services
- Consulting Services
- Video production
- Social Media Growth
- Public goods funding
- Eden Fractal Growth
Value Propositions of Eden
Other Public Goods
Consider including parts from
Should it be focused on Value Propositions of Eden, Eden Creators, Eden Fractal, and/or FractalJoy?
Maybe there should be several business plans with many synced parts but different business plans for each?
Idk if it makes sense for Eden Fractal or Eden to have a business plan because they’re more so communities, whereas Eden Creators and FractalJoy can be businesses with business plans
Eden (and other communities that cooperate fractally) provides extremely high engagement. Super talented builders, creators, and entrepreneurs collaborate on video calls. For several hours. Every week. For six months. Everyone shows up on camera and speaks. That is a far higher level of engagement than most other forms of meetings.
For example, in most twitter spaces or discord chats, it is only audio and most people only listen. In most social media, it is only text or video asynchronously. In most podcast, it is a few people speaking and the large majority listening.
Fractal events provide a unique combination of high engagement:
- Video Calls
- Every Week
- For Many Months
- Everyone speaks
- Everyone is on camera
Way different than twitter followers, etc
It’s about the quality and the depth of the engagement. And who is engaging. And for how long, and why, and how, etc
Add part of response to CAC about unprecedented collaboration, testament to success so far.
Eden Fractal is perhaps the largest and most engaging video meeting in EOS and web3. Between 12-25 participants every week for hours for six months.
Video Production Plan:
Create videos myself on a volunteer basis for coming weeks. Raise some funding from pomelo and publish posts widely. Grow audience with YouTube channel and provide a lot of value to the EOS Community.
Start recording all videos to zoom cloud with multiple angles. Find and habituate a good workflow for this.
Encourage, educate, and inspire participants to share their screen and show what they’re working on in their browser
Then at some point soon ask the ENF for funding for both Eden Creators and Eden Fractal. For example:
Hi Yves/Zack/Lovejoy/ENF/grant framework/pomelo/helios, etc,
3 month contract
$__k for my time doing x
$__k for video editor (i should have relationship with video editor prior to asking this)
$___k for 1k per week to participants via pomelo kind of infrastructure
Just examples. Numbers could be way different
Need to find good, talented, and inspired video editor who cares and wants to help
Hypothetically, a video editor could work 10 hrs per week for 25 dollars per hour to receive 250 per week. During that 10 hours they could edit many videos from Eden Fractal. Also Town Hall. So you could do a 12 week trial for only like 3000 dollars. And during that they could create like 10 great video clips each week. Videos won’t take long because we already have the timestamps and we’ll just ask them what videos we want them to create. And I’ll write instruction in advance (ie use judgement to cut at just the right time- put care into this - no wasted seconds…. Fix the zoom video recording when screensharing to look like this…. Fix the size of the overall zoom recording on canvas to look like this, etc.
So 10 great videos clips per week over 12 weeks. That’s 120 great videos.
The videos will be much higher quality when:
- We record multiple camera angles with zoom
- A video editor can pick whichever angle looks better
- Everyone is encouraged to show their work
- This is already very simple with zoom
- There is real monetary incentive to do better work
- The fractally consensus mechanism is design for real value to be earned by helping the community, but this has not yet happened because of the regulatory environment and because it’s generally quite young. After eight months it feels normal that there’s no payment, but that’s not the way it’s supposed to work.
- People will be much more incentivized and motivated to give great presentations where there is an opportunity to earn a considerable amount more money by doing more work.
- People will also be more motivated when they know they are on video with Eden Creator video production studio who is willing to make videos
- $1k per week is a good next step
- Sell NFTs for each video that we make
- Potentially split profit between eden creators, producer, and presenter…
- More details at ?NFT
Video Production Services
- Enable anyone to request that there video is edited for a fee. Maybe make a simple bot process like the bees do to request this. Eden Creators can choose the 5-10 videos that we want to produce each week (and/or that the ENF or whatever other client wants us to produce each work). Then any additional videos can be requested and paid by community members.
Eden Creators plays a key role by making the pitch to the ENF, paying editor, hosting meetings, distribution on channel and social media, etc. So Eden Creators can offer the services and earn a portion of each edited video payment.
We can also do partnerships with EOS bees for promotion, etc
I explain to the ENF (or other potential funding partners) that this is an excellent kind of marketing and promotion for the community.
In example above, ENF pays $28k and gets:
- 120 awesome and well produced videos from many great creators
- Funding creators and public goods in ecosystem, similar to pomelo
- A flourishing and exciting event with networking, inspiration, education, etc
How we’ll create value for EOS
Explain what I’d do for ___/15k
All of these can include value adds can include links and more description to better show it
- Hire, manage, pay, and work with video editor(s)
- Continue to host events
- Improve hosting game
- Cool ambient music
- Sound effects
- Continued development of Cagendas
- Continued development EOS fractal tools
- More promotion
- Coordination and creative direction
- ie I’ll choose great videos
- work with editors and community on content
- Website curation
- Promotion on Creator Talk
- Continue to launch ideas and write articles.
- Host special events, such as ideathons
- Similar to how ENF partnered with Helios for the first ideathon, we could do a similar thing
- The prize could be much smaller
- Our unique value adds would be:
- Video production
- We can produce videos for each pitch with learning from Helios. There were many things that could be improved from the first ideathon to make better videos, including:
- video clips for each video
- We can produce great clips for each video
- We can also help promote the ideas on twitter, etc
- visual canvas
- video length
- music and production value
- was quite good but can be better
- overall entertainment. The ideathon was awesome, but compare it to the televised versions of shark tank, etc. We can do it with dynamic camera angles, exciting music, short form episodes, clips, on a more recurring basis, showing off the unique powers of EOS and Eden and fractal cooperation, etc
- Pioneering decentralized governance with Eden+Fractal
- We can do it live and iterate quickly.
- For example, we can do it on a monthly basis for $1k or $10k of total prizes. Rather than a 6 month process for 125k. We can iterate with and try out many different processes.
- Then we can also document our work so far and show how other communities can repeat this
- Other special events could include:
- parties with Alien Worlds and WAX community,
- fractal dj,
- gaming events,
- music events
- consensus games
- We could show the sponsorship from EOS/ENF during the video, like how Felix suggested in season 3 of pomelo. We can speak about it and also display logos during the livestreams
- Eden Creators partnership can also include partnership and projects with Dans Party, Playtubas Global, EOS Sages, etc
Another benefit of this plan is that it sets the stage for many other DAMS and media projects, including:
- Dans Party
- Playtubas Global
- EOS Sages
- Ho Bina
Once we have funding for Eden Creators and successfully show the power of DAMS, Eden Creators will have proven the use case and built many of the systems to launch video editing service with music livestreams for dans party, playtubas global, etc.
This was one of my original goals in working with EOS and now there is an immediate path to actualizing it with Eden Creators. When Eden Creators has proven success and connections with video editors, funders, reputation, etc.. then we can use those same processes and connection for dans party and other creative projects.
Eden Creators shows the power of DAMS
It’s not a fully DAMS though- there is a centralized role played by Eden Creators
Eventually DAMS can be far more decentralized and autonomous.
The community can fund media creators with the fractally consensus mechanism and delegates can make creative decisions. This is already true to some extent, but can become much more true. Right now there is not much monetary incentive to be able to compensate media creators and the community is just learning to make decisions for itself.
The delegates can increasingly make more creative decisions but it doesn’t have much capacity for this now will take a while before the community learns to walk and run with many decisions. My plan in the note about DAMS + Cagendas to start with one video per week is a good plan, but it might take some weeks to be ready for both Eden Fractal and Eden Creators. That is one creative decision per week from the Eden Fractal and one video produced from me per week, which we’ll have sufficient capacity in the coming weeks. Start small and then scale it up gradually.
Right now, the community needs some support. It needs some centralized entity to help fund media creators and make most creative decisions related to video creation. Eden Creators can fill this role and provide this for the community.
Where to find video editor?
Any film maker creator DAOs out there?
Something like Creator Now?
Friend of friend?
CAC already said he is interested in helping with video editing
Willo, Etimfon, Lennie also expressed interest. Not sure if they were just responding to timestamps or also video production
Creative Projects to Propose with Cignals
More details at
Eden Creators Business Plan - Review, refine, and execute this short-medium term plan for Eden Creators - Raising funding from the ENF - hiring video editors - funding Eden Fractal participants - Eden Creators shows the power of DAMS - Sets the stage for playtubas global and dans party and much more
- Consider - part of the funding from ENF etc can also be used to invest in my studio,
- New iPad
- enabling x, y, z, etc
- Little projector
- Projector screen above monitors
- Better monitor quality
- Can get great graphics monitor with better brightness and colors than current monitor. Could also get an ultrawide monitor. Then use current monitors in different locations in the studio
- Hard drive space
- NAS 100 TB
- New version of Ableton, resolume, etc.
- Obviously only spend when it makes sense. The point here is that there are many things that I’ve wanted to invest in the studio that would greatly help produce and create better shows. That would provide benefit to the EOS network and eden creators. Previously I wasn’t thinking specifically about funding these improvements with the funding, but it could make a lot of sense and be super helpful.
Consider—I think it makes sense to ask for a six month contract with a payment of $50,000. Half of it would be for weekly rewards at the Fractal event, and half of it would be for edencreators and edencreators initiatives, making videos and Contant, and posting events and so forth.
Update- ask for 100k. 26 to EF, and 74 to Eden Creators. Or maybe 250k…?
First, I think it makes sense to reach out to Martin to ask if it would be possible for Pomelo to help with this being that people already have their payment, KEYC and infrastructure there already.
This doesn’t need to be something that I coordinate with the entire group meet at the Ethan Fractal meetings, I can just go ahead and start preparing the presentation and asking for funding for both the Fractal event, participants, and also for edencreators.
I can ask for both at the same time
And I should ask her about the same time.
End it makes sense to ask for six months rather than three months because then we can always bargain down to three months everyone but it’s good to start with six months
Similar to how .gems and Stephane and Martin have contract
Remember - YouTube now Automatically provides a transcript for each video. It’s veiwable on mobile when you click on description . How about desktop? Should I copy paste this anywhere?
There could be a comparable business page with businesses, like Rhett and link, Colin and Sameer, Bankless, the defiant… And many more or several more perhaps, and that could be helpful way to frame it. These are successful, creative businesses.
Add more ideas about the NFT sales to the business plan. This could be a very big role and is in many ways, most natural way to do these cells and grow the business.
Probably make a presentation and show how providing more funding to the participants would incentivize better video quality because people would make better presentations to be able to earn more money
Also, I should include the plan to make tutorial videos. I’ll make tutorial videos about how to use zoom screen, sharing, and share screen with my set up and present to show your work, and that combine with the monetary incentive plus the community enjoyment, can be very helpful. And also about how this is pioneering away from other communities to use the same processes as well. Such as EOS sages playtubas global etc
ENF Grant Framework
More details at
At 11 minutes in this interview with Aaron Cox from Gray mass, Zach talks about how every grant from the enf is milestone based . So consider that it might be a good idea to have some ideas or suggestions for milestones in the grant application. For example, I could have milestones like the amount of participants at the events, and the amount of videos created, and the amount of views and different things like that. Or perhaps monthly or something like that. Like I’m not really sure if the contract with ES nation is mile stone based, I think it’s probably just on a monthly basis, so perhaps that is not correct how Zack stated for all situations. I’m not really sure if measuring by any specific metric like participants or viewers or things like that are a great way to do this because of good hearts, law law, and similar things and there’s a lot of subjective value that isn’t really summarize well an objective metrics. But some of them to help because I’m extent and I should just be prepared to think about this and think about an advance whether we want to go with a timer schedule or if there are specific milestones that we should suggest first, or if we should just here with the people at the ENF things first, just consider it either way.
Consider- it might be good to apply to Helios incubator with this business plan
Add this to a new page in notion
Mark Stair - Tipit - Accounting App for EOS
During the EOS Fireside Chat on November 23rd, Chris Barnes provides a review of the ideathon and said that instructions coming soon for other people to start more ideathons (19:06).