How Eden Creators Provide Public Goods for the EOS Community
Below is an analysis of how we’re creating public goods for EOS. It is organized into the following sections:
- How Did Eden Creators Aim to Create Public Goods for EOS during Pomelo Season 2?
- How are Eden Creators Creating Public Goods for the EOS Community?
- How Did Eden Creators Distribute Funding from Pomelo Season 2?
- What is the Status of the Eden Creators Pomelo Grant?
- Conversation about Eden ƒractal Tooling and Eden Creators Pomelo Grant
- Support Eden Creators on Pomelo
- What is Pomelo?
- Further Learning
How Did Eden Creators Provide Public Goods for EOS after Pomelo Season 2?
In Season 2 of Pomelo, we wrote: ”All funds raised will be used to help everyone understand the benefits of fractal cooperation and make the best experiences possible.
Funding will be used to help start fractal cooperatives, such as an EOS ƒractal to reward value creators for EOS and ƒractal ƒorums to help Eden make great decisions. Funds will be deployed flexibly with careful judgement to maximize value creation for Eden, EOS, and everyone in the world.”
That’s exactly what we did! Plus so much more!
How are Eden Creators Creating Public Goods for the EOS Community?
In addition to starting Eden ƒractal and hosting Eden Town Halls, we also created a huge amount of helpful content that you can see on our new YouTube channel, Garden, and Events. You can read our Pomelo Season 3 grant to learn more about the exciting ways that we created public goods for the EOS community in the past three months.
A few highlights:
- Hundreds of thoughful essays and blog posts, which you can read in EdenCreators.com/garden and DogmanLabs.com/writing
- We’ve created hundreds of hours of exciting, inspiring, and helpful video content on the Eden Creators YouTube Channel.
- You can learn how we’re creating public goods by helping Eden ƒractal in How Eden Creators are Helping Eden ƒractal
- We’ve created thousands of artistic pictures for the benefit of EOS
- More coming soon!
How Did Eden Creators Distribute Funding from Pomelo Season 2?
A total of 209.0667 EOS raised in Season 2 and 9.0067 EOS is remaining to be deployed for public goods.
We used 100 EOS raised from last season to fund help fund the Week 1 participation reward, 82 EOS to pay for the account name, and 20 EOS to pay for smart contract RAM. The remainder of the 500 EOS sponsorship of Eden ƒractal by Eden Creators raised in Eden On EOS.
You can see the transactions that we made here.
Note: At the time of the raising funding in Season 2 of Pomelo, we were not aware of any restriction of using funds for funding participation rewards at events. We delivered our goal as stated during Pomelo 2 and created public goods in the most effective way that we can imagine.
How much Profit have Eden Creators Received for Providing Public Goods for EOS?
Eden Creators have never received any profit.
Almost funding received by Eden Creators via Pomelo or Eden On EOS has been distributed to foster the development of public gods for the EOS community. There is a small amount of EOS that has not yet been deployed by Eden Creators but will be used to help create public goods when the opportunity arises.
How Much Time has Eden Creators Invested to Provide Public Goods for EOS?
Eden Creators have invested thousands of hours and continue to invest countless hours each week to create public goods for EOS.
What is the Status of Eden Creators Pomelo Grant?
Currently the grant requires action to be approved. You can see the most recent public conversation about this below:
Conversation Eden Creators Pomelo Grant
You can listen to Felix Ruiz, Yves La Rose, and Dan Singjoy discuss Eden ƒractal tooling and provide an overview Eden ƒractal development in the following EOS Community Fireside Chat. At 1:28:31, Dan discusses the Eden Creators Pomelo grant application and how Eden Creators provide public goods for the EOS community.
- 1:20:41: Felix introduces the Eden ƒractal Pomelo grant
- 1:22:08: Yves asks several questions to Felix. They discuss Eden ƒractal tooling for about four minutes and Yves concludes his thoughts by saying “Awesome! Good Luck!”
- 1:26:12: Perry speaks in support for the Eden ƒractal community and hosts, then Felix shares some inspiring thoughts.
- 1:28:31: Dan provides more details about Eden ƒractal tooling and How Eden ƒractal Provides Public Goods to the EOS Community
- 1:32:42: Dan thanks Perry and discusses the Eden Creators Pomelo grant application and how Eden Creators provide public goods for the EOS community.
Support Eden Creators on Pomelo
Currently the Eden Creators Season 3 Pomelo grant has not yet been approved. We are in communications with the Pomelo team to learn how to qualify the grant.
All support is much appreciated!
What is Pomelo?
Pomelo is an open-source crowdfunding platform that multiplies your contributions. With Pomelo Grants, you can support exciting projects that you love!
You can learn more about Eden Creators here: