Please note that this page is in an early stage of development will be updated soon
Eden Talk is powered with Web3 EOS technology BBS, so it has many helpful features that are helpful for Eden and many other communities.
Some benefits of Eden Talk include:
- Respects contributors
- Whereas Web2 companies…. , Eden Talk shares value between everyone who helps…
- Innovative tokenomics for upvoting, community respect tokens, nft’s for post promotions, bbs governance, advertising, etc
- Feature rich UX and UI similar to Reddit
- Community led
- Supporting the EOS community and EOS builders
- Eden talk comes with functionality for categories, which can serve a similar role to subreddits. We’ve added weekly reports, proposals, general so far. In the future it may be helpful to add categories channels for videos, GameFi, More Equal Animals, developers, marketing, art, town halls, and more.
- Censorship Resistant….
- “The BBS message board software utilizes blockchain technology as a public database. This means that all BBS users, content and wallets can always be recovered, and can never be censored, shut down, seized, or altered by anyone, not even BBS.”
- “The prediction-based discovery process provides a more robust solution for content curation. Today’s leading services rely on user reactions (Upvotes/Downvotes, likes, etc) that are easy to manipulate covertly using botnets. However, it is prohibitively more challenging to provide accurate post predictions, which provides the curation mechanism with manipulation resistance in a transparent environment, with reputation points stored in accounts that are publicly linked to users’ social credentials with an immutable record of all their curation activity.”
- “It is very easy for developers to build new modules that seamlessly integrate to any board (e.g. a module enabling IPFS-based video hosting). These modules can be hosted on their own custom servers and can be added to any board at the owner’s discretion through simple configurations and market driven revenue sharing.”
In time, we may also innovate Eden Talk with the social media dynamics in outlined in the ƒractally whitepaper.
The Fractally whitepaper outlines a new kind of social media application
Built with experience from steemit, hive, violet garden, and more
Every contribution to the public good should be respected by the community- search bear for writing and larimer timestamp about this
Below is an outline of
Take screenshots and share links to show transactions on eos memos for developers to see it easily
if bbs does not work for whatever reason, we could try using other platforms such as violet garden or oracles with hive/diamond . Super power is trust videos enables oracles
get Eden Talk on Twitter, as well as town hall and create Fractally and more
Learn more at EdenCreators.com/BBS
BBS is a public network of Web3 message boards where people can give and earn respect by making helpful posts. You can learn more about BBS in the following resources:
In addition you can also view some exciting recent updates from the BBS team and stories from Dan Singjoy about BBS below. Please note that his page is a work in progress and will be updated in the future.
Table of Contents
- Recent Tweets and Articles
- Recent Podcasts
- BBS and Eden Creators
- Eden Talk
- Everything EOS Weekly Report
- Hot Sauce
Recent Tweets and Articles
BBS and Eden Creators
Dan Singjoy created an BBS site for the Eden community at EdenTalk.com. You can join the group and learn more about this in our articles about Eden Talk, Eden Talk FAQ, and Eden Talk Resources. More coming soon!
Everything EOS Weekly Report
You can learn about BBS in the Everything EOS Weekly Report from September 3rd, 2022. This story was written by Dan Singjoy while he was working for EOS Nation and the EOS Network Foundation. You can read the story from this report below and click the link above for the full report. You can also watch Dan host a segment of the Hot Sauce show about BBS from around the same time below. Enjoy :)
The BBS Network recently announced exciting updates that show the power of EOS to revolutionize social media and empower community collaboration!
For anyone who is unfamiliar, BBS is a public network of interconnected message boards where people can create forums, share comments, and discuss ideas while earning revenue from their content. The name is a homage to early Bulletin Board Systems, which provided the foundation of community interaction on the internet since the 1970s.
You can think of BBS like a decentralized version of Reddit where anyone can create their own message board for any subject and host it on their own website, then automatically share value with all contributors. Every post on BBS is an NFT that users can buy, sell, and use to collect ad revenue on posts with an innovative tokenomic system. Revenue is automatically shared amongst admins, moderators, publishers, developers, and operators. BBS is deeply integrated with EOS and supported by operators like EOS Nation, so BBS is censorship resistant and all BBS content can always be recovered.
You can learn much more about BBS at BBSNetwork.io and BBS.Market, where you can join vibrant discussions in message boards like METABBS, METV, and Crypto Banter. You can also explore the first board that launched last March at StarWarsTheory.com, which was started by the owner of a YouTube channel with over 3 million subscribers.
If you’re interested in digging into the details, you can explore the BBS Whitepaper, BBS FAQ, on-chain data, and the technical infrastructure for BBS called DeWeb. BBS was founded by Eyal Hertzog, who is also the co-founder of Bancor and LiquidApps. You can hear Eyal speak about BBS and DeWeb on Roundtable, NovaCrypto, CryptoCoinShow, and a recent Bancor Community Call. You can also watch Eyal explain the predecessor to BBS in this short video and reach out with questions in the BBS Telegram or METABBS message board.
Dan Singjoy featured BBS in the Hot Sauce at 21:47
Time stamp: 21:47