Proposal for Eden ƒractal Interim Consensus Process
We propose that Eden ƒractal adopts an interim consensus process to empower the community with a formal governance process for making community decisions.
This interim consensus process is based upon the Genesis ƒractal Interim Consensus Process, with a couple variations to better fit the Eden ƒractal. If you haven’t already read about the Genesis ƒractal Interim Consensus Process, then please read it here.
Specifically, we propose that the Eden ƒractal Consensus Process will work in the following way:
- Before each weekly meeting any member who has previously ranked 5 or 6 for at least 3 weeks may introduce a proposal for consideration by the community. This proposal shall be posted as a ‘Yes or No’ poll on Eden Consortium. Each qualifying member may only propose one item per week.
- After each weekly meeting (on the same video call), those who rank 4, 5, or 6 may discuss the proposal, and if they approve they can reply to the comment with "Approve" or "Reject". If 2/3 of those who rank 4,5, or 6 that week approve then the proposal passes.
- If 2/3 of the Level 4,5, and 6 fail to reach a consensus within 1 hour to either Approve or Reject then the Level 4, 5, and 6 individuals lose the respect they earned that week.
Any community member who has earned EDEN respect can make a proposal in the Eden Consortium. However, If this proposal is passed, then proposals will only be officially open for voting if approved by someone who has previously ranked 5 or 6 for at least 3 weeks.
Similarly, any Eden member can submit a vote on Eden Consortium to signal their intent, but only votes from those who ran 4, 5, or 6 in the past week will officially be counted for Eden ƒractal governance.
Differences from The Genesis ƒractal Interim Consensus Process
This proposal is greatly inspired by the Genesis ƒractal Interim Consensus Process, but there are two differences:
- This proposal uses Consortium instead of Hive. Consortium is an excellent EOS based voting tool that is more fitting for Eden ƒractal than Hive. You can learn more about Consortium at Eden Consortium
- This proposal enables anyone who received level 4, 5, or 6 in the weekly meeting to vote, whereas the Genesis ƒractal Interim Consensus Process only enables those who receive level 6 to vote. This is more fitting for Eden ƒractal given the smaller group size compared to Genesis ƒractal.
Vote on This Proposal
Here is a Consortium Poll where you can signal your support for this proposal.
You can share your thoughts and discuss this in the discussion thread in the Eden ƒractal community.