- Micro-chain is for UI
- Zoom integration - telegram
- Randomization on-chain
I’m still learning but Luka said all on-chain
Waxa- how do we onboard people without the website?
We’ve done this with the Eden Fractal at 0 costs
Chris- how much engagement do we have?
20 people meeting 5 times every week is much more than 100 people meeting once every 6 months
more decentralization and legitimacy in the
We’ll have more time to build and make our case for funding
Paying for Infrastructure & Elections
- How will the Eden community pay for infrastructure and Eden elections?
- Convince investors/funders?
- Would 15% per month be enough to fund this (plus our other initiatives)?
- Increase to more than 15% to pay for Operational Expenses?
Notes about Cost Feasibility & ROI of Eden Election Software
- Startup expense 15k? 1.5 k per month?
- Is it worth that much? Is it the best ROI for Eden community?
- One election with CDs in same position but with half as much funding….
- Or 50-500 Eden fractal events?
- Long term plan? How to pay for 50k every 3 months?
- if we can’t raise funding from pomelo or enf or elsewhere, it seems prudent to scale down website and run the election for free on bloks until we have more resources & funding. This will extend runway and give us more time to coordinate, make great videos, build with funding for Eden on eos, Eden fractal, and all initiatives that people want to fund
- Could it be re-instantiated easily in the future?
- How would data be stored in the meantime?
- Obviously the much better option is to raise funding and keep it going, but this option seems preferable to spending 1/3rd of the treasury on the next election
- Can it be reduced?
- Running on Bloks?
- The microchain is mostly for the UI
- 0 cost
- We largely ran it on bloks last election and it worked ok
- Running like the pilot elections but with bloks
- We only have like 160k in treasury, so this would cost approximately half the treasury and only enable 1 elections before exhausting
- Seperate the cost plan and roi into two categories
- we now have two ‘products’ . The Eden election process and the Eden fractal process. Both excelent in many ways and with many unique benefits trade offs. In many ways the Eden fractal process is more effective - there are now several groups using this process , Ie bitshares and alien worlds. I can show the relative progress of Eden fractal here too. Why would we use a the treasury to fund the first product and not the second?
- Makes most sense ENF with legal structure?
- Can support open-source code with Luka
- Edgar and Edenia code upgrade
- Public good
- It is public good
- Not private- anyone can join
- It is grey area and in everyone’s benefit to fund it as a public good
- Everyone benefits from our benefit from advocacy
- The content is public
- It’s a video creation process that is a public good for all to consumE
- The infrastructure hosts educational videos about eos , therefore it is a public good
- The infrastructure also hosts the website that features educational content, enabling videos like Felix new video
- In a way this is the most public good thing in the world
- It’s like the definition of public good
- What else will do more good for the public?
- Proposal a bylaw change?
- It’s in everyone’s benefit for ENF to fund this
- We can make great media to show this
- They have the legal infrastructure, whereas we may not have legal infrastructure
- ENF has huge treasury to do this and the benefit is profound
- We could potentially save the treasury to the end if needed
- It’s always a grey area and subjective descision
- Tesla is creating some public goods with their videos, and most of their business is to sell private goods.
- The public goods aren’t super aligned with the EOS because they’re mostly about cars
- It’s up to the Pomelo and EOS community to find the right balance in what most essentially a public good for the EOS community
- It’s our responsibility to advocate for Eden as a public good. If necessary, it’s our responsibility to make to make compelling cases for the Eden community, to help our community and mission to benefit the world.
- Back to the Tesla example… If Eden Creators, EOS Support or Greymass starts selling t-shirt, then does that make them not eligible for Pomelo funding?
- Of course not. Even though they sell some private goods, they are still doing a huge amount of public goods
- To receive funding for public goods on Pomelo, you don’t need to have absolutely 0 private goods. That wouldn’t make sense.
- That wouldn’t benefit the EOS community at all and would essentially contrain all funding on Pomelo and disqualify everyone in the community.
- The job of the Pomelo team and EOS community is to determine which projects have sufficiently enough public goods for the benefit of EOS to qualify for funding on Pomelo.
- When you consider all the benefits of Eden for the EOS community, it’s obvious that the Eden UI qualifies as a public good.
- Video repository
- Pilot for true democracy
- Live demonstration for the Open-Source software
- Distributing funding for public goods projects
- Bringing community together for thousands of videos
- Open membership for basically everyone in EOS
- Has anyone ever been denied?
- Anyone who wants to join can join easily
- Source of video content for creators
- Many shows would not be possible without Eden. These shows are all public goods.
- The videos provide historical records in immense amount of videos documenting plans, inspiration of Eden, explaining benefits of Eden, and sharing the personal stories of so many.
- Provides a stage for community members to show their work and meet like-minded people
- Shows the state of consensus, similar to how a block explorer is a public good…. it enables the community to easily see consensus in a personal way
Another way of looking at this: Do 100% of the funds get distributed amongst all participating community members according to the credibly neutral process? Or do ~half the funds go to development team?
If we don’t
We need funding
If we don’t use funding and
Chuck - why is the website so important?
- The website is not what makes Eden special. The website is amazing, but what makes Eden special is the people. What brings us together is the Eden process. We can
- You don’t need to be a coder, it just a simple like 3 step user manual. Anyone can do it, especially the people in EOS community. A few minute learning curve
- Mel- Sponsorship
- 1:07 into Helios Twitter Space Felix makes a great point the protections of the bylaw system
- A website that we use very rarely
- 1:10 Andrew makes a great point
- 1:28 Felix makes a great point about respecting the bylaw process and not CDs acting without consensus of the community. Bad Precedent
- 1:31 Felix great points
- 1:35 Felix makes a great point about Head Chief Delegate funding
- Gavriel makes great points at 1:45
- To be clear, it’s free on chain-
- Good points about telegram
- I speak about this at like 1:50
- Felix makes good points at 1:54
- Andrew makes good points at 1:56
- I agree
- 2:36 - Chuck mentioned representing the whole community
- I’m doing my best to represent the community and act in the best interest of the community
- I think a more sustainable approach
- Organizations continuity is extended with more funding
- We should use the best tools to empower community
- Both the Eden Election process and Eden ƒractal website
- The Eden ƒractal was an example of how we can use limited UI for Eden Election
- If we can run it in a few minutes
- screenshot Josh posts about slippery slope
- Screenshot james tadas and others liking my posts
- Waxa asked how to invite new members and raise funding without UI… most of us became thrilled with process before the UI. Most growth for Eden happened pre-UI. Now we have many more resources to promote Eden, such as 5 videos a week and weekly opportunities to earn and awesome nfts and so much more… in addition to on-chain contracts. We have so much more than in the first summer when we experienced rapid community growth.
- Eden can also to some extent ride the wave of all the momentum from eos and collective members. As eos succeeds more with ENF and thousands of builders, Eden will benefit collateral benefit peripherally. As each community member succeeds with their project, this will also help the entire community.
- Other funding Sources:
- Head Chief Delegate Funding
- If cost is low and Luka can get 2700x 3 = like 8k for last 2 month… and he’s planning to give it away… maybe we can do this
I’m hearing people about using treasury and am not sure if that’s possible. It doesn’t seem like a good idea. Both for legal status of DAOs, community response, and system protection. We should explore other options, such as pomelo.
- Public good
- Yves & ENF
- Lower cost ROI