Below are the original notes shared with Vlad on February 17th, unchanged since then for posterity. See the show at EdenFractal.com/defs
- Intro Note
- Potential alternative mission focused on consensus games
- Consider new marketing strategy for Eden Fractal
- agreements and policies
- Eden Fractal’s mission is to create public goods, foster collaboration, and empower communities
- Eden Fractal’s mission is to create public goods, foster collaboration, and empower communities with consensus games
- Eden Fractal’s mission is to foster collaboration, create public goods, and empower communities
I want to propose this for next week. I’ll refine the mission article this week and propose it. I’ll propose it early and make a new topic for mission in telegram so we can focus discussions about mission in the coming days
- Several community members do not know what the mission is and keep asking about it.
- Patrick asked about it last meeting and that uncertainty can turn off new participants
- Tadas mentioned - imagine if we all rallied around the same cause
- EOS means different things to different people, so it’s a rather ambiguous thing to rally around. Public goods, collaboration, and empowering communities is much more universal
- It’s better to define something now so we can answer the question and then we can always change it later
- This is more open to wider audience than just EOS community.
- We can market much more easily to:
- the Ethereum community
- all other Web3 communities
- all other communities who have no idea about Web3
- Without need to mention EOS directly in the mission statement
- This is a more universal mission statement.
- If someone has a bad impression of EOS or cryptocurrency, then they may be turned off immediately by the mission focused on just eos community members
- Like upland, EOS doesn’t need to be such a focus in the mission statement .
- EOS a powerful tool and great community, but not the main focus of Eden Fractal.
- More important is creating public goods, fostering collaboration, and empowering communities
- People like Rosmari and Noam weren’t previously EOS community members.
- People should feel welcome at Eden Fractal without needing to know or learn much about EOS.
- They can also feel more welcome by being able to invite friends.
- Ie maybe Rosmari has a close friend who is interested in public goods and collaborating, but she doesn’t want to explain EOS to them with all the baggage
- I now have EOS accounts from Aaron to make it easier to give everyone EOS accounts
- When you imagine the ROI and potential situations, it’s clear that we shouldn’t focus too much on EOS
- For example, if an artist, entrepreneur, or scientist joins who has absolutely no idea or interest in EOS… but they are doing huge, amazing things for the world… i will certainly vote to give them more respect than someone who onboards 5 people to EOS
- From an ROI standpoint, we’re better off focusing on how much people are creating public goods, fostering collaboration, and empowering communities
- Ie if vitalik buterin joins… he’s not doing much directly for EOS, but he should certainly be level 6
- If elon joins…
- If Taylor Swift joins…
- If Dan Larimer joins…
- If Ronaldo joins…
- If Zoey Daschenl joins…
- If Tom Brady joins…
- If Mr. Beast joins….
- If Casey Neistat joins….
- In all of these situations, it wouldn’t make much sense to distract them with EOS, ask about their contributions to EOS, or even mention EOS
- They’re providing a huge value by joining and can help spread the word to the audiences
- This would be most effective to grow the community, create public goods, foster collaboration, and empower all
- We have a much bigger role to play than just fostering collaboration amongst EOS community members.
- We are the community pioneering consensus games and fractal cooperation for all communities
- Inspiring art fractal and many other communities for all sorts of helpful purposes is a main goal that is better explained in this mission than previous proposals
- Perry, Gavriel, and Pascal have written proposals to express their interest in helping people with fractal cooperative processes.
- They’re not as interested in EOS- more so in the consensus and cooperative processes.
- They make a good point and I agree
- This makes four of five proposers of mission statements so far who’ve expressed interest in widening the scope
- This is also true of the fractally team who moved on from EOS
- This is also true for many other community members i think
- Funding opportunities and independence.
- There is orders of magnitude more funding outside of the EOS ecosystem than within the EOS ecosystem
- If we focus too much on EOS, then that makes it more difficult for us to raise funding from Ethereum, Solana, etc
- If we stay focused on just EOS, it makes us fairly dependent on ENF etc
- Software Agnostic
- Tadas is building firmament with EVM
- Fractally is building new Psibase software
- You’re building with Antelope and there’s many great developments here
- Most of my non-technical developments are agnostic to the underlying blockchain
- Better to focus on results and feelings than the technology
- Reminds me of seth godin’s marketing wisdom
- People don’t want the screw and wood and etc… they want the shelf
- Focusing on EOS is a bit like building on sand.
- 20% of eos token holders with 200 million dollars total could change the course of the network completely.
- Focusing on public goods, collaboration, and empowering communities is a much more solid foundation with eternal first principles
- More people can rally around public goods, collaboration, and empowering communities.
- Basically everyone who speaks English can agree that’s a good thing.
- 99.9% of people don’t know eos and this would mean that 99.9% of people would require extra education to understand the mission and feel welcome etc
- Fostering Collaboration and building relationships- I like these both alot but it’s a bit redundant .
- We need to be careful to be as simple as possible. Shakespeare quote and Kolmogorov complexity and schelling point
- There’s also many other memes and messages about EOS that are totally out of our control. It’s a mimetic machine in motion already. With Eden Fractal we can start more fresh.
- Cryptocurrencies like EOS will likely come under increasing regulatory scrutiny and attack
- We can create some distance from these attacks and protect the community mimetically by focusing more on universally understood goods
- Empowering communities is the antidote to tyranny and the enabler of the best experiences possible
- I got into EOS to empower communities. I didn’t get into empowering communities to help EOS.
- Empowering communities, fostering collaboration, and creating public goods is MUCH more inspiring
- EOS has baggage with block one and resentment and conflict in the community.
- Certainly we should aim to grow in the EOS community and help the community as one of our main target audiences, but it makes the most sense to avoid focusing on it too much
- For example, the meetings chat with all the conflict between Helios and ENF, B1, etc
- If people in the EOS community are not excited about creating public goods, collaborating, and empowering communities… then they’re not really in the target audience
- explaining like 5 yr old
- As simple as possible
- Attract all different languages and ages
- Eric’s thoughts about mission and vision
- Eric is more focused on EOS
- Noam joined because of MEA and Eden, not EOS
- Potential target audience
- Genesis fractal participants who don’t care that much about EOS
- Ie Thomas Ryan, Duane on AW, etc
- Certainly not anything against eos, still love eos and should promote etc… but it just shouldn’t be in the mission statement or main focus of the community
- contributions to eos should still be welcomed alot
- ie greymass team or enf are doing alot to create public goods, foster collaboration, and empower communities by helping EOS
- It’s not just empowering communities with eos or with fractal cooperation or consensus games or with any tool in particular- we’re using all kinds of tools to empower communities
Potential alternative mission focused on consensus games
Alternate could be :
Eden Fractal’s mission is to create public goods, foster collaboration, and empower communities with consensus games
I do love the focus on consensus games so either one would be good for me. I might prefer to include consensus games , though I think simpler might be best
Consider new marketing strategy for Eden Fractal
Show Vlad presentation with owocki tweets
Also related to Jordan Peterson tweets and green pill in general
Metachrisis dao 21 mins green pill. Add to owocki note. This is excellent target audience, perhaps the best audience to connect, even better than connecting with eos or antelope communities in many ways - it’s not just connection with code, but of ideas for collaboration - that’s the primary target audience and market
Also search for green pill telegram or Discord? Does it exist? Join it
agreements and policies
Thoughts from last meeting?
I’m considering making proposal with 2 or 3 terms next week
Search Pixabay for intro video , then try making quick intro that says Discussing Eden fractal stuff in four frames for each word
Maybe it says Vlad and dan discussing Eden fractal stuff , yes that’s prob better here
Or maybe just use my existing art or World imagery or nature imagery and just put four frames with quick song from YouTube audio library
Doesn’t need to be much and it shouldn’t be, but just a little something would be nice